We have two more days scheduled for pictures. Please have your students dress for the weather. Pictures will still be outside and under a tent, but we want students to stay dry and warm while they wait their turn! Please see below for when your child’s class is scheduled for pictures. We would like to have two parent volunteers for each class help shuttle kids back and forth. Please communicate with your child’s teacher to see if they still need volunteers!
** Students in Courtney’s new 4th/5th grade class will have their pictures taken on their original picture date depending on whose class they were originally in. With the change in classes, we will retake Rhian’s class picture on Tuesday and have Courtney’s class picture be on Monday, September 25. Thank you for patience with picture day!
** If your child missed his or her picture day last week, Judi will try and take their pictures tomorrow, Tuesday, September 19.
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
8:45-10:15 – Adam
1:15-2:30 – Tina
2:30 – Rhian whole class picture retake
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
8:45-10:00 – Mitzi
10:00- 11:15 – Mr. Sumner
11:15-12:30 – Mrs. Krueger
1:15-2:30 – Mr. Wines
2:30 – Courtney whole class picture
Please call the office with any questions!
Fun Run is just around the corner—on Friday, Oct. 6—and in order for this event to run smoothly and successfully, we need your help. We need volunteers to help with lap marking, money counting, photographing, water stations, set-up and clean-up, the First Aid station and more. As always, all families are welcome at the Fun Run.
- Click this link to see our SignUps on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/QHoQtLR
- Review the SignUps listed and choose the one(s) you like.
- Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com
Greetings Edgewood Families,
Edgewood Community Elementary School’s Site Council needs your help. We currently need 1 more parent to be part of our site council team. Edgewood’s Site Council
is composed of stakeholders that work together collaboratively and cooperatively to plan programs, make operational decisions, consider curriculum issues, adopt building policies, and solve problems. Our meetings are scheduled for 3:00 pm on 10/3, 11/7, 12/5, 2/6, 3/6, 4/3, 5/1, and 6/5.
If you would like to serve on site council and are able to make a 2 year commitment please email me and provide a brief description as to why you are interested in serving on Edgewood’s Site Council. Parents interested in serving on site council need to let me know before 4:00 pm on Friday, September 15th. I will compile a list of interested candidates and voting will take place between September 18th and September 22nd. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this process.
Message from the Principal
Greetings Edgewood Families,
I have a couple of important announcements that I would like to share with you………
- I am happy to announce that we have hired Courtney Morris as a half time facilitating teacher. Courtney comes to us from Wisconsin where he had over a decade of experience as a 4th grade classroom teacher, 5th grade classroom teacher, and a 2nd-5th grade TAG facilitator. Courtney will teach 4th grade math, 2nd grade literacy, and provide TAG support to our teachers and students. Please help me welcome Courtney to Edgewood. Also, please note that Courtney’s addition to our staff will not change your student’s classroom placement. Courtney’s presence will allow us to have smaller math groups in 4th grade and smaller reading groups in 2nd grade.
- Our Fall Conference dates have been set. See Below…..
Veterans Day Week
11/6 Regular School Day (M)
11/7 Regular School Day (T)
11/8 Regular Early Release (W) Fall Conferences begin after students are released
11/9 No School for Student—Fall Conferences continue
11/10 No School (F) Veterans Day
11/22 No School-Conference Comp Day
11/23 & 11/24 No School-Thanksgiving
I hope you are enjoying your summer! We look forward to seeing all of you in September! School starts on Wednesday, September 6th and we will host an open house the day before on Tuesday, September 5th from 2:00-3:00. This gives students a chance to meet their teachers and see their classrooms. The office will be open to accept financial contributions and medications that day as well.